HobbyPCB.com

Built by Hobbyist for Hobbyist!
It is currently Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:07 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: RS-HFIQ package FOR SALE
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:32 am 

I have an RS-HFIQ, the official enclosure, StarTECH USB sound module, and AC Power supply (no longer shown). All purchased from HobbyPCB.com. Pictures and descriptions, it's here on the website.

Includes a pair of quality 1 foot stereo jumper cables from Digikey. Not shown or purchased from HobbyPCB.com

At the time of Purchase, I had a FLEX 1500 and was disappointed with CW generation like many others. I was drawn to the RS-HFIQ because of the KEY jack and smaller footprint. I sold the FLEX1500 to justify the RS-HFIQ. I spent the last month contemplating a PI-SDR purchase and now opted to instead reduce my radio "herd".

Only used receiving- as I have basically only spent less than 10 hours playing with it. Frankly HDSDR software has been difficult for me. I also have an venerable FT-817 rig and 2-3 other QRP rigs besides 4 ICOM 100W rigs for HF. (1 mobile in the car- I travel 30-40,000 miles a year for my company, so most of my hamming is in the car)
The RS-HFIQ currently is stored and has been 99% of the time since purchase.. So it's a 9.95 out of 10..

You know guys -My FT-817 is 15+ years old but if I'm going into the wilderness it's going in the backpack; or to set up on a picnic table in the park... Sorry it gets down to a key, mic, rig, battery, antenna, sleeping bag- sometimes fancy computer screens can't be seen in broad daylight..

PAYPAL- USA ONLY- $300 FIRM includes shipping and insurance. Private Email me. I will post here if or when sold.

Contact me further at--- W8LM at ARRL dot NET

Larry W8LM
ARRL Life member- Licensed 368 dog years

PS- also for sale Mint ICOM 725

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:06 am 

As of today 4-AUG-2018, I have listed the equipment on EBAY... Ebay is offering a sell it for $10 max listing fee special this weekend.. So the world will come a running.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/253796946420

Only reason I'm selling is that I have way too many radio's (9 HF - 5 HT's and I sold 3 more HT's last weekend at the OKC, OK swap) -- and like GE stock, longer you keep it, the less value it is.

I regret that now that I am retired, I am not playing radio 12 hours a day as I had planned all my life. Last week I built 80 feet of chain link fence..(maybe a counterpoise someday)

The STM32-SDR or IQ32 I may consider some day..Who knows...

Thanks for a great ride...

Larry W8LM

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:54 pm 

My RS-HFIQ package HAS SOLD.. Thank you for all the interest.

It's been a great adventure and I wish everyone one the very best.

Larry W8LM