HobbyPCB.com

Built by Hobbyist for Hobbyist!
It is currently Wed May 22, 2019 11:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:32 pm 

I tried with the new sketch. I successfully uploaded it and confirmed the version as RS-HFIQ FW 3.3a. Unfortunately the behavior is the same. So, starting from the previous 3.2b code, I commented out the
Code:
if (oldHRB != HR50band) {
test at line 445 along with its corresponding close bracket at line 455. That seems to fix the problem and I don't see any ill effects when switching to the same band. I'm going test a bit more to confirm that the problem doesn't recur.

Thanks for following up on this!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:03 am 

Hi Jim,

The one possible problem I see is that the comms to the HR50 uses a software serial port which is VERY resource intensive. As long as the frequency commands don't arrive too often, you should be OK.

Jim WA2EUJ

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:55 pm 

Based on your comment, I put the "if (oldHRB != HR50band)" test back in, and instead sent the band change commands twice by repeating the HR50 commands. That also eliminates the problem for me. Maybe the first command wakes something up if the port has been idle for a while. Would it be better to send some other command instead of repeating the change band command?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:23 am 

Since I can't duplicate the problem, it's hard to tell for sure but I can't see a downside to sending the band change command twice. The amps FW rejects repeated commands to select the same band. The KX2/3 send frequency info every time the frequency is changed (to support logging software) and the HR50 ignores the bulk of them.

Jim WA2EUJ