HobbyPCB.com

Built by Hobbyist for Hobbyist!
It is currently Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:50 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: IQ32 Upgrade S/N 101
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:37 pm 

Looks like I got the first upgrade it since the instruction sheet was made with S/N 100! Great!

The upgrade went without any problems. The instructions were clear and easy to follow. I couldn't pull it off in 16 minutes like Jim, but it didn't take very long at all.

I have one small problem with the assembly. The touch screen board is bolted via through holes on one side of the CPU board but on the other side the screws sit on top of the board. Well, in my case they don't quite sit ON the board, they are about .050 - .075" above the board. So the touch screen is sort of cantilevered from the other end.

Once assembled touching the left side of the screen causes the screen to move in. Question, should I lower the side with the through holes or raise the other side. Seems that the bolted side fits very well just slightly below the cover. I'm thinking a slightly longer screw on the left side.

Any thoughts?

Otherwise all is well. Very nice package! Seems to work quite well.

Regards,
Bob - N4RFC

Post subject: Re: IQ32 Upgrade S/N 101
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:47 am 

Hi Bob,

I could only do the upgrade in 16 minutes after building 50 or so. I didn't need to refer to the instructions and I know exactly which tool to pick-up.

There was no actual mechanical coordination between the location of the LCD, the IQ32 and the RS-HFIQ. Since all three were existing products we had to go with what we had. On future runs we'll eliminate the hole under the lower left screw so I won't need to mount the screw upside down.

You should be able to loosen the screws on the right side and adjust the board position so that the screws on the left are making contact with the board. The retighten the right screws.

Since the touch screen is resistive, there's a bit of travel built-in to the membrane so a small gap isn't the end of the world. Also the virtual buttons a pretty large, it would be a whole different deal if you wer doing something very precise on the screen like writing or playing a game.

Jim WA2EUJ