HobbyPCB.com

Built by Hobbyist for Hobbyist!
It is currently Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:53 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: HDRK 50 RF Board Rev. G
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:45 am 

The location on the PCB labeled PWRSW; in step 3. in the section Amplifier PCB (page 23) it states "has an orientation tab" and I started to check this against the schematic and what I find is there is a round and square solder tab on the PCB. Now so I can be 100% sure my question is " Is the square positive [+] and round [-] ? "

Since this is my first build I don't want to see smoke when finished. I will say after reading the assembly manual and actually building the amp it is laid out very simply other then that one question I am enjoying it. Can't wait to fire it up.

Any input would be great

Thks Joe
ki4lnm

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:23 pm 

Hi Joe,

The 2-Pin header truly does not matter because you are connecting unswitched power to switched power via the power switch so either way works. But both headers have a white tab sticking up parallel to the pins. This tab is on one side of the header. The tab is also indicated on the silk-screen by a smaller rectangle with a line through it on one side of the header. Orient the header so the white plastic tab is on the same side as the small rectangle.

Jim WA2EUJ