HobbyPCB.com

Built by Hobbyist for Hobbyist!
It is currently Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:57 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:00 am 

I am using the RS-HFIQ with the Pi_SDR and PowerSDR. I have had it up and running for several weeks. Everything was working beautifully until recently. Now a switch to 40 meters stops everything. If I open Power SDR on any band other than 40 meters, everything works fine. If I open PowerSDR while in 40 meters, or if I change from any other opening band to 40 meters, I cannot transmit. I also cannot change frequency. The VFO changes, but the frequency, detected by the audio out, does not change. The panadapter and waterfall also do not change as I am changing the VFO.

When I try to transmit, the PowerSDR indicates a signal on the Panadapter, but the TX LED on the RS_HFIQ remains off. I have tried several different USB cables, but get same response.

Any suggestions?

AI6B

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:23 am 

This seems like a PI SDR IQ+ issue not a RS-HFIQ issue. If you want to confirm that, try connecting the RS-HFIQ's USB port directly to your PC and use Termite (or another terminal emulator) to send commands directly to the RS-HFIQ. You can tune it to 40M with the *Fnnnnnnnn command and read the frequency back with the *f? You can key it on and off with the *X1 and *X0 commands.

You can find a complete list if the commands here and protocol settings:

https://sites.google.com/site/rshfiqtransceiver/home/technical-data/interface-commands

You should also contact PI SDR IQ+ support via their forum, maybe it's a known issue with an easy fix.

Jim WA2EUJ

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:48 am 

Thanks Jim. I did contact Christos about this. He said that it was probably not a Pi SDR issue and suggested that I reflash the sketch to the Nano on the RS HFIQ.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:53 pm 

My Nano has gone south. I tried to reload the RS-HFIQ sketch, and other than I pow LED, I get no response.
I will order and install a new one. Don't know what could have happened to it. I am a gentle kind of guy.

Thanks for the suggestions,

AI6B

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:34 am 

At what the Nano's cost I don't think that there's much quality control.

The standard Nano has pins that are too short yo properly sit in the socket on the RS-HFIQ. If you can't find one with extra long pins, get one with no pins and I'll send you headers with longer pins.

Jim.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:19 am 

Thanks Jim,

I ordered two of these from Amazon which have been shipped: Huayuxin Nano V3.0 Arduino Mini-Controller Development Board CH340/ATmega328P Nano Board.

If it does not fit, I will order a pinless one. If it does not fit I will order pinless version and email you to request headers.

AI6B